Friday, August 10, 2012

Adventures in Homeschooling - Day 4

We took an impromptu field trip to the Animal Control Center to rescue our dog, who apparently had been there since going missing on Friday. He slipped through the cracks somehow and they forgot to post his info on their website until Wednesday. Thank God they remembered because as of yesterday he was eligible for adoption :/



Trevor took his first Geometry quiz today and only missed one! He was so proud and so was I. I am pleasantly surprised at how well he has transitioned into this new school setting. Yesterday he took it upon himself to do extra work in an area that he has struggled in for years (:

My mini me (Kenzie) is loving being home but not loving the fact that she has to do ACTUAL school work. Her resistance is putting my patience to the test. We talked yesterday about what she thought homeschooling would be like. I shared some of my fears about it too. Change is not easy for me and apparently not so easy for her. I guess we are going to need some time to work out these misconceptions and get into the groove.


We watched some videos about some misconceptions and had a good laugh (:




Lisa stopped by for a visit today!! Kenzie was excited because she got some help with her work from someone who was a little less frustrated (:


Rhylee has been such a trooper about sharing her time with her brother and sister. She's even getting in on the action and getting some lessons from her big sister!


I do think vowels are a little advanced for a 7 month old but Rhylee seems to enjoy it!!







No comments:

Post a Comment